INSTRUMENT ASSISTED SOFT TISSUE MOBILIZATION (IASTM)
Using certification courses such as Graston and FAKTR (Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab), IASTM allows the use of metal instruments to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that affect normal function of soft tissues (ie. Muscles, tendons, nerves, ligaments).
The practitioner uses the instruments to not only directly break down the collagen cross-links in scar tissue, but to increase the skin temperature, improve the rate and amount of blood flow at the treatment area, and to increase cellular activity in the region with fibroblasts and mast cells that are involved with the body’s natural healing process.
Learn about our sports therapy treatments
- New Westminster & Burnaby Massage Therapy
- New Westminster & Burnaby Chiropractic Care
- New Westminster & Burnaby Custom Orthotics
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)
- New Westminster & Burnaby Kinesiology Tape
- Low Level Laser Therapy (Cold Laser Therapy) Treatment
- Selective and Functional Movement Assessment ® (SFMA)
- New Westminster & Burnaby Sciatic Nerve Treatment
- New Westminster & Burnaby Titleist Assessment for Golfers (TPI)