FASCIAL STRETCH THERAPY
What is Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST)?
Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST) is a system of assisted stretching which focuses on the muscles, joints, and connective tissue. With the client on a treatment table, the therapist will help you stabilize your body as you are gently helped into specific stretches to help facilitate relaxation and movement into your joints and body.
What is Fascia?
Fascia is a network of layered connective tissue that surrounds muscles, bones and joints. Restricted fascia and joint capsules can lead to conditions such as osteoarthritis, painful movement, increased muscle tightness, strains, tendon injuries, headaches, scar tissue formation, decreased blood flow and reduced energy levels.
What are the benefits of FST?
What makes this therapy different from other flexibility programs is that each stretch begins with a light traction of the joint being treated. This allows for a deeper stretch by creating more space in joint. This is an excellent treatment choice for those wanting to improve flexibility and mobility, recover from training, and prevent injury.
Other benefits include:
- Improved posture & muscle function
- Improved sport specific performance
- Increase muscular strength and endurance
- Reduce muscle tension and risk of injury
- Increase balance and symmetry of the body
- Reduce muscular soreness and fatigue
- Help treat symptoms associated with osteoarthritis and facet joint dysfunctions
Fascial Stretch Therapy was popularized with athletes such as professional golfers, wrestlers, basketball players, and runners but is also very beneficial for anyone needing more flexibility such as office workers, manual labourers, and just generally stiff individuals.
FST is also a very powerful therapy that can be used to treat many conditions such as facet joint dysfunctions, tight hips, rotator cuff injuries, muscle strains, chronic headaches, knee tracking issues, plantar fasciitis, and pinched nerves.
- Massage Therapy
- Chiropractic Care
- Custom Orthotics
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)
- Burnaby Kinesiology Tape
- Low Level Laser Therapy (Cold Laser Therapy) Treatment
- Selective and Functional Movement Assessment ® (SFMA)
- Sciatic Nerve Treatment
- Burnaby Titleist Assessment for Golfers (TPI)