Walk, jog, hike, run. The choice is yours.
Whatever your preference, we’re encouraging you to get outside for your heart and for your health. Research has shown that walking 30 minutes a day has many health benefits. Plus, it’s easy, fun, and free!
Bored with your regular walks or just not interested in going on one? Try these ideas to help get your exercise and have fun while doing it:
- Walking on a beach at sunset: Not only is it a great opportunity to exercise, you’ll be treated to an amazing view and photo opportunity!
- Sunrise stroll: Even taking a few minutes in the morning to walk will help energize your day, and provides a quieter, enjoyable atmosphere for you to take a deep breath and not be stressed
- Take a friend! Why sit on the couch talking when you can go for a walk! Enjoy your conversation while getting some exercise!
- Window shop: Malls can be a zoo that you can get lost in, but you’re also getting exercise, so maybe it’s not such a bad thing 🙂
- Farmer’s markets: Not only can you pick up some great local goodies, support your community, and have a fun outing- you’ll probably get lots of walking in too!
Walking isn’t just good for your health; it’s good for your heart! Being outdoors will give your body a boost of Vitamin D and energy. It will also raise your heart rate to help you build a stronger heart!
Exercise has been shown to help reduce your risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoporosis, and some cancers!
In a culture where most of us spend our days sitting, taking a few minutes to walk and improve the circulation in your body is important to maintaining good health, so grab a friend and go for a stroll!